Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday Trivia

It's Thursday morning, and in 3 days time, I have 34 hours in. Not bad, huh-oh, this doesn't count the 2 hours I worked last night at home. Correction-I have 36 hours in. Today I'll be leaving for work early as we have a staff meeting at 7:50, but I might actually make it home before 6:00 today, depending on how much I get done. For those of you who are in the field of school psychology and who every once in awhile read this blog, but probably have given up because there's not enough work-related commentary on here, I might mention that I've now used the Cross Battery Assessment to analyze test scores in order to determine how much a child's lack of English language might be affecting test results. It's a handy tool - contact me for more information if you're interested. I've been working with a student who has significant language loss in their first language (Spanish), but who isn't extremely fluent in English either. Quite a challenge.

I don't really have other news except that Lydia, who managed to contract a case of kennel cough from the Bordatella vaccination she had a week ago, is feeling better and back to her old springy self thanks to antibiotics. She loves taking her pills as she gets them wrapped up in a piece of lunch meat. I'm glad she's feeling better-a mopey dog is no fun.

Well, I have three days next week, then it's off to Wisconsin Thursday. We're back on Monday, which is Memorial Day, and seems quite early in the month to me. We have school Tuesday-Friday, then we're done. I hate going to school after Memorial Day but we had an extended Christmas break this year and this is the price to be paid.

Have a great Thursday all.

No comments: