Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday Fortitude

It's Friday. I'm in a pretty good place, work wise, I think. I got a lot of testing done this past week, now I need to work on reports this weekend. Next week, I have a staffing on Monday, a staffing on Tuesday, 2 staffings on Thursday, and a staffing on Friday. Plus, I have 3 more kids to start this week. It'll be busy, but I'm hoping I'll be able to take off for Wisconsin without worrying about work-related issues. I am looking forward to my change in school assignment for the fall. I will be at a special school, with a special population of children. It's not too far from my base school, and will be a challenge, but will be a place for me to grow professionally.

As I've been thinking about this new adventure, part of my brain is already processing having to leave the familiar behind. I've never been one to burn bridges at any place I've worked, and I'm not going to start now, but...well..., as I wrap things up I am reminded once again that things are not always what they seem and a wise person trusts sparingly. There's a time to speak and a time for silence-to choose which in a given situation is always a challenge. I am upset by what appears to be someone being treated unfairly, however, I know that I don't know the whole story - and thus, I cannot say for sure who is right. This is a time for silence and to stay clear of ongoing conflict. I just need to hang in there for 3 more weeks and mind my own p's and q's-I am praying, though, that God who knows all, will act in defense of the innocent. I trust that someday, all will be set right, all will be brought to justice, the scales will balance, and all will be revealed for who and what they are.

My trust in man is brought up short every time. My trust in God remains.



It's late and I'm ywaning. Off to bed I go.

Some of my family went to see the new Star Trek movie Thursday night and have been raving about it to me, so, I guess I am headed to a matinee on Saturday with my youngest son. It's been awhile since I've been to a movie, but I usually enjoy going, depending on the movie, and the price I have to pay to get in. The last one I saw was "Fireproof", and that was quite awhile ago.

No comments: