Thursday, June 07, 2007

Calling for volunteers

The mind is a terrible thing to waste. So they say. At the conclusion of this, my second week off work, I am getting caught up on journal readings and getting ready to do some research in the stacks at WSU. Another goal is to give the Stanford-Binet V at least 4 times this summer. (To that end, I need some SB-V guinea pigs. If you're interested, I need about 2 hours of your time, and, you will receive a small gift prize for participating.) For those of you school psychs reading this blog, what do you think of the SB-V, besides the obvious (cumbersome, complicated, many manipulatives to keep track of, etc.) I'd like to learn to give it so that it can be an option in some evaluations (there is no "standard battery"), but am also anxious to see what the DAS-II is going to be like. I have reservations about using the Wechsler in certain instances, so am needing to become more skilled with other instruments.

Here's a question for you, my readers, no matter who you are: What are you enjoying about your life right now? Or are you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already told you that I would volunteer - Bekah

Anonymous said...

I shall be your Guinea Pig.

Wild Flower said...

Two guinea pigs down, 3 more to go...

Anonymous said...

Well, if I'm ever in town and quite bored . . . ;) And I'm enjoying Rachel, of course.

bluggier said...

I have no spare time. "Manipulatives??" That sounds like a bad thing to me.

Wild Flower said...

The only reason you think "manipulatives" sound bad is because you live with them...