Sunday, February 28, 2016

First Post of 2016

February 28th - and it's the first blog post of this "new" year.  Wow.  It's not that things haven't happened - they have - it's that obviously I'm not making this exercise of the mind a priority!

Last post in December, I was home after having a "brain event" on December 1.  This event has now been diagnosed by a neurologist as a seizure, so I've been dealing with the ramifications of that since.  I am back to work and overwhelmed at work, but not driving until May 1.  Many people have offered to help me when needed and I am so appreciative.

Work is both the time I'm at school, and in the evenings and weekends at home, so I'm pretty exhausted.  BUT - blessings abound.  My grandson is growing up and is verbal - he tells me about everything.  My kids are doing well and are in a good place in their lives.  Spouse has decided NOT to retire but is looking forward to when he can.  My son and daughter in law have finished classes and training to be foster parents and have received their first placement - a darling 3 month old baby with dark hair and an uncertain future.

And me?  I am hearing birds sing outside - it's been a warm February.  I see the sun come up on a new day.  I know that my Redeemer lives and I know that one day, all will be made right.  At times grief and sorrow overwhelm me as I consider events happening in our world - as I write this, we are 3 days post a workplace shooting at the Excel Corporation in Hesston.  But as I sit here and think about the lesson I have prepared for my class at church today, I am comforted by what I read in the Psalms.

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;
  I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents
      of the wicked.
 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor;
  No good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
 O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."   Psalm 84:10-12  NIV

Truly, our God is all we need as we live with the uncertainty and chaos that this world brings.

No comments: