Sunday, June 07, 2015

Late Ramblings

Yep, it's late for me, after 11:00pm.  I'm finding it difficult to unwind and relax so I thought I'd post - in rereading some of my earlier writings, the yawning has already started  :)

The porch renovation is coming along nicely.  The reno team, which includes some unpaid volunteer help is wonderful - however, lest they think they're done, they're going to tackle a new kitchen floor and a repaint in there for me.  That may involve less time but it will be chaotic inside where I live.  I don't do well with chaos, but many times, it's unavoidable in order to reach a goal.

Health issues are looming large for me these days.  They are complicated and frustrating, and I'm not a very patient patient.  My family physician has been my health care provider for 35 years now and knows me well - and knows that I am struggling.  He's taken good care of me all these years and I know he knows what he's doing, but...  it's hard for me to continue to follow the regimen when results are not what we were expecting.

This next week I'm meeting with a nutritionist who I'm hoping will help.  She talked about 103 miles a minute on the phone, so she may be too high energy for me but we'll see.  I've also started back to the Y, and, I'm keeping track of these small steps on my goal sheet.  On August 12, I want to see what I've accomplished.

No comments: