Friday, March 21, 2008

Train Trip

I'm back from spring break! My daughter and I took a trip via Amtrak to visit some relatives in Michigan. As I explained to a brother-when you take the train, it's not about getting there quickly.

We left early Saturday morning-about 3:30am. Caught the eastbound "Southwest Chief". Landed in Chicago 12 hours later about 3:15. At 6:00pm, we boarded the "Wolverine" and 4 hours later (5 if you count the time change) we disembarked in Jackson Michigan, and headed by car to my brother's home about 20 miles away. Five days later, coming home, it was the reverse-got on the Wolverine in Jackson at 9:00am, landed in Chicago at noon, caught the westbound Southwest Chief at 3:25, ended up in Newton around 4:30am and home by 5:00am.

Traveling by train is an interesting experience. My goal to write about this several times in the next few days, so I hope you check back for further commentary. I'm pretty tired this evening, and not thinking very clearly.

No comments: