Thursday, November 30, 2006

Unexpected surprise

Ok, see, THIS is why I work for the school district, however, I must say, that this large of one rarely closes. Hardly ever. Some winter days every district within 50 miles of here will be closed, but we'll still be open, sloshing through the ice and snow. But today, we are in the center of a bullseye of a storm that's heading up here through the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles. POW! So, while my husband trudges off to his job at the state office building downtown, I'll be here at home, enjoying NOT getting out. The coffee is perked, and so am I. To top things off, it's PAYDAY. You get paid once a month, you get an unexpected day off-and they fall on the same day-life does not get better than this! (Unless it happens to be your birthday too.)

The staffing that was scheduled for today will be rescheduled. The testing that was scheduled for today will be rescheduled. And I'll be a day or more behind. My schedule, so carefully written in my calendar last Monday, is outta here, like a school psychologist at the end of a mandatory training session on a Friday afternoon.

Ok, I'm done. All the rest of you hard working people, who have to report rain, shine, snow or no snow, ice or no ice, get out there! {And have a GREAT day. (Ducks to avoid blows raining down on my head.)}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I don't think you ever outgrow the joy a snow day brings. My hubby had a partial one on wednesday, and we really enjoyed it. Hot chocolate and Christmas decorations. :D