Monday, November 27, 2006

A Dream

Because I'm sort of a practical person, (my siblings would disagree, but I really am), I don't place a lot of stock in dreams. We all have them, they can be kinda weird, but I don't look for hidden meanings. Mine are usually too entertaining to be deeply philosophical. However, last night, I vividly dreamed about my oldest son. I had taken him to a place I used to play as a child and we stood at the top of a high berm looking down a very steep side. It was made entirely of sand. My instructions to my oldest son were to "slide down". Then I turned and walked away. Keep in mind that he's an adult now, (albeit still living at home), but in this dream he was maybe 6 or 7. I went home, and forgot about him. Later, I realized he had not come home and and went looking for him. When I found him, he was several years older. I asked him if he made it down the hill ok. He said, "Yeah. I went down on my knees, and it HURT, but I made it." I stood there thinking, I would have gone on my rear end, but you, of course, chose the odd way to do this that no one else would have.

That's my oldest son. He chooses to learn life's lessons the hard way. He will be 25 in December and I'm ready for him to slide down the mountain once again in pursuit of a life that doesn't use my washer and dryer. His latest plans are to move in March. Looks like it may happen, and I couldn't be happier about it. Get going son!

No comments: