Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Potpourri

It has been days since I have written. One reason-I am working many hours in the week, trying to get it all done before the end of the year. Many evenings I have been at school until 7:00 or so, working on reports, and it will continue to be such until the last day.

Other things clamoring for attention and time are just waiting for me-and, at this point, waiting until school is out, I would imagine. To update you on recent happenings, although I am extremely busy at work, things are going well. I am enjoying my work at both schools. This week, I have been visiting schools with special programs-one, a self-contained program for MR (mentally retarded) students, and one a special day school for those children who have significant emotional disturbance. We are trying to determine placement for some of our special 5th graders who may need what these programs offer.

I attended a meeting at another elementary school and enjoyed meeting staff there. So far, this week, I've prepared for 5 staffings (I've gotten to hold 4 of them, we had a no show parent for 1) and tomorrow I have two more scheduled. Next week, I have "only" 3 scheduled.

And, to make life interesting, another school district has contacted me about possible employment. I was not seeking work in another district, but sometimes, these opportunities come up and we need to consider them. In this case, it may not be a hard decision for me to make. I'm not sure they can exceed my current salary, and, the district is located several miles away, resulting in a pretty significant commute. I'm still driving my old gas guzzling Ford Vic, so this may be a no-brainer.

I'm sitting up here in my office, listening to wonderful music coming out of my youngest son's room. After he leaves, it will be very quiet up here. His music will be something I will miss extraordinarily. He's still on track to move to Wisconsin here in a couple of weeks, and I'm feeling okay about it, but...there are times that I will feel his absence, I'm sure. He is planning on playing a concert at our church on May 10, and I get to play with him on 2 or 3 numbers.

I am so blessed to have good relationships with all of my kids. My daughter and I work together at church in the Angel Food Ministries program, and I recently enjoyed a day at the zoo with her. My middle kid stops in frequently (usually around dinner time...) and I like seeing him as often as I do. It's hard to think about one not being around, as close as we are, but, you know-everybody has to fly sometime and it's Daniel's time to do just that.

2 comments:

bluggier said...

I enjoy Joshua's blog. He's a good kid.

Everlasting tales of Joshua said...

You always make such wonderful dinners how could I pass up something like that? Thank you Jay for reading my blog. I am glad that you enjoy it.