Sunday, April 06, 2008

Looking ahead

Easter Sunday, twenty-eight years ago today, at 8:30pm, I gave birth to my first child, a daughter-with a smattering of brown hair, blue eyes, and a healthy set of lungs. My life forever changed with the advent of this little girl, who grew up to become a wonderful young woman. We had some rough times during her teen years and early twenties, but she has turned her life around and I am blessed to be her mom.

She has never had her birthday fall on Easter since the day she was born, and it won't be on Easter again until the year 2042. However, April 5 will be Easter Sunday 3 times before April 6, 2042, in 2015, 2026, and 2037-I don't quite understand how this works, but, oh well. Let's see, in 2042 she'll be 62. I'll be 88. I hope I'll be here to help her celebrate her birthday on that momentous occasion, but I also hope I'll be in good enough health to enjoy it. By the time I'm 88, I can't even imagine what things will be like. That's only in 34 years - and it'll go by fast.

No comments: