Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blah and More

I've been feeling a little, well, I don't know the proper term, but perhaps "blah" describes it.  I sat down here late tonight to try to write about what's going on, but words fail me.  So when words fail, what's the next best thing?  I don't know for sure - after all, this is a BLOG, and blogs imply written material will be available for your perusal.

Went back to work this week.  I usually don't mind that too much - I like the structure and routine of a work day.  Started on some increased meds for the diabetes and I'm having a few side effects - but nothing terribly major, just inconvenient.  My kids are going through various and sundry difficult times, but so are a lot of people.  Nothing unique there - just sort of heartbreaking but I'm not the first mom to experience that.  I think of those families who lost loved ones this last week in the war - oh my - the devastation that moms and dads, husbands and wives, children, brothers and sisters go through when a loved one gives his or her life military service - I can't imagine.  A few days ago, 30 American soldiers died when their helicopter was fired upon by insurgents. 

So I can count my blessings and come out "in the black" - I always do no matter what has happened.  A certain weariness comes over me though.  Don't know what it is or how to deal with it.  Don't know that it's even that important that I do.  It's really not about me and I was reminded of that in a big way these last few days.  Every once in awhile, we need something to happen to us to help us re-focus on priorities - and we should be grateful when that comes about, painful though it may be. 

Have a good week. 

No comments: