Monday, April 25, 2011

Carry On

I'm feeling a little sad this evening.  It seems that there's a lot going on in my life, and most of it is because I never thought I'd be in some of the situations I'm in, dealing with some of issues that have presented themselves to me.  I feel like withdrawing and just wrapping myself in a covering of some sort so that I am immune or impervious to slings, arrows, and thrown stones.  Wouldn't THAT be a great idea?  If we could walk around like turtles with shells -we wouldn't get ourselves into messes, (unless we ended up on our backs with our legs flailing around in the air), and, we wouldn't be hurt by what life sometimes brings.  Conversely, we wouldn't hurt others with our actions or words if we could just stay in our shells and complete life's minimal requirements, such as bill paying and working for a living.

I sometimes just get weary trying to stay afloat and on course, trying not to crash into hidden rocks.  I realize part of this feeling has to do with the fact that there's only a few weeks of school left, and this is my absolute busiest time of the year.  But, I also am struggling with more personal things particularly in relationships.  When friendships change, when things you thought were sure aren't, when others misunderstand intentions, and when you can't describe or explain how you feel - then a restless, something's off-kilter, something's amiss feeling comes to take up residence.  How does one cope? 




   

1 comment:

bluggier said...

How does one cope? "There is now therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..."

That's many times how I cope...