Sunday, May 01, 2011

Words of hope

This is a chilly, overcast, drizzly, windy Sunday morning.  I am sitting here at the computer, and from my vantage point, I can look out the front window and see a red-headed finch picking up sunflower seeds from my hanging feeder.  He is a spot of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy day.  I am listening to John Michael Talbot's "Pathways of the Shepherd", and this instrumental music brings me peace. 

I take comfort in the fact that my Heavenly Father sees me, as surely as He sees the finch outside.  His presence is here - and it is a reassuring comforting Presence.  Although circumstances in several areas of my life are far from peaceable and pleasant, I rest.  Tears of relief come.  

Truly, the Lord is my Shepherd, and I shall not want.  The words of this familiar Psalm echo in my mind, and center themselves in my heart, in my very being.  I rest in the knowledge that I am never far from His thoughts, I am never away from His Spirit.  I am not ever abandoned or forsaken.  I am weary, but not discouraged.  I am saddened, but not in despair.  I am sheltered and loved. 

I hope whatever you are going through that you find hope in the Shepherd's Presence.  May you feel His comforting embrace as His arms encircle you.  May He bring you healing from the hurts and wounds of life.  Allow Him to annoint you with oil, and fill you to overflowing.  God bless you in your journey to wholeness.  It's worth it. 

1 comment:

Pat's perspective said...

You just answered the question in your previous post, how does one cope. This is how. I felt a sense of peace just reading this blog.

Pat