Thursday, January 03, 2008

January 3. Back to work and it's 2008. The years certainly fly by - can it be 8 years ago that we had the big Y 2K scare? Sometimes I really don't like thinking about this - the future can be a scary thing to consider. But the older I get, the more I really understand the temporal nature of things in this life. The definition of temporal is: enduring for a time only; temporary; transitory (opposed to eternal) (www.dictionary.com). There comes a time in your life that you leave things to your children's generation, just as your parents left things to you, and their parents left it to them.

It's a new year, and so it's also the time some of us think about renewing our commitments to those things in life which are important. Have you decided to make any changes? Do you feel you're growing? Comments?

1 comment:

bluggier said...

I started to feel like you do about change and leaving things for the kids several years ago when it became apparent that I would never be able to keep up with computer technology. In a way, that is a rather freeing thing to do.
As for changes, etc., I don't do much of that kind of New Year resolution thing. I see myself as continuing the preparation for the eternal. As each year goes by, that preparation becomes a little more diligent and a little more serious.