Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday

Just a short note here-my brother wrote in his blog that there must be something wrong because he's gone a week now without posting-well! I bet I can do that. He is a regular poster, and much more faithful than I am.

We're on the downhill slide to winter break. Today, tomorrow and Friday, then I'm "vacationing" for a week or so.

Congratulations to my youngest, who graduated from WSU on Sunday with a degree in accounting. Now he gets to find a job - from what I hear, it shouldn't be too difficult, but we'll see. He's working part time at the university, but needs a full time position in order to eventually move outta my house. He's also a pretty good musician, and I think would like to devote some attention to that interest as well. I don't care, as long as he makes enough money to support me when I'm in the Baptist old people's home. Which could be any day now.

It's supposed to be 50 degrees today, so all the snow should finish melting. I realized the other day that I didn't get the cannas out of the ground before the first hard freeze, so-there they go. I doubt that they will survive the winter. I was seriously neglectful of the fall yard work. The tomato plants never did get pulled up, and other work should have been done, but wasn't. It'll be waiting for me the first warmer days of spring.

Well, I'll write more in a couple of days. Take care, and here's your joke of the week: What do you call a cranky man that lives in the woods? Here it comes - "Forest Grump".

1 comment:

bluggier said...

I got another one...what do you call people who sit in the nosebleed sections at a concert or performance? Ceiling fans.