Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Gift

A friend at church made a birthday cake
for me and presented it at the women's group Sunday evening. Although this picture does not do this cake justice, you can see it is a grand piano, similar to what I play in our church, complete with a miniature me! Almost everything is edible, including 3 pedals which you can't see. The cake is sitting on a wooden platform, but the piano legs and lid are made of what she called "fondant". Even I'm made of fondant, as is the bench. I hestitated to cut into the cake and serve it to the group, but I did so, and it was delicious! My son finished off the last of the keyboard last night.
I was touched by this gift and by her generosity. Hours of painstaking labor went into the making of this cake, and I am grateful. Although this is sort of a hobby with her now, I think she's hoping it will blossom into a business someday - it certainly has the potential to do so. I'll always remember my piano birthday cake with fondness for its creator and my friend-Linda Presley.

2 comments:

--- said...

Holy cow! That's absolutely amazing! Wow, it even looks like it has all 88 keys. I agree that she has huge business potential... I would certainly buy a cake from her.

Rebekah said...

That was a beautiful cake. I hope that you had a good birthday, and I hope that you many more good birthdays to come.

Rebekah