Saturday, August 25, 2007

This 'n That

I think I'm about ready to be recouperated from having a 3 day headache and some dizziness-all due to a sinus problem I had no idea I was having. As I explained to the nurse on the phone, I have no drainage, either throat or nose, and had no idea I even had any kind of sinus problem, except for the awful frontal and on top of my head ache which consumed my energies since Wednesday. I thought Thursday that it might be a migraine, however, after taking some sinus pain and pressure decongestants on Friday evening, finally today, I have a little relief. So, maybe it WAS sinus problems and not migraine problems. I dunno. It hurt so bad Thursday night that I would have gladly handed you my head on a platter to do with what you will. So, I didn't go to school Friday, and my son (who has strep) and I made a sickly couple of people in this house.

I've got stuff to do at both schools, so Monday will see a busy week. We have 4 staffings scheduled at one school in September and a couple at the other school, so there's no time to let grass grow under my feet. I've had a week now, to get used to new management styles at both schools, and new staff at both schools, both of these things are sometimes difficult to adjust to, but flexibility must be a part of this job. The "new sheriff in town" is doing a great job, and for the most part, has been well received. There are a few parents who do not appreciate her zero tolerance policy, but they will soon either grow to appreciate it, or transfer their children to another school.

Last night (ironically trying to get to a theater to see "Evan Almighty"), we had rain rain and more rain, and it was very welcome. I kept hoping we would get some heavenly precip so I wouldn't have to water the tomatoes so extensively, but I really waited too long. The one tomato plant is showing signs of distress as the leaves are yellowing, and some tomatoes I picked this morning had mold on them.

I got my car back from the shop and it's just wonderful how it drives now, 1200.00 later. It SHOULD, for that kind of money. The work on our leaky roof will start next week, so there's a lot of money flowing out of our household-actually, there's a lot of introductory offer credit card checks flowing out of our household. If I have to borrow money, I sorta like those 4% interest rates.

Well, I'm going to the fruit store to see if there are any home grown peaches left, then to do some other errands. I like Saturdays, but they go by fast.

2 comments:

bluggier said...

Well, I didn't know you were feeling so poorly last week. Your first full week of work certainly didn't turn out like you thought it would, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know . . . even though this appears to have been posted on Saturday, it did not show up until today. What's up with that?