Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Frips and Fraps

Someone told me that my Saturday post just now showed up today, Tuesday on my blog. I don't know what's going on with that-when I posted Saturday, I took a look at the blog and it was on there, so, go figure. One of those internet anomolies.

Today was busy for me. I got to go to a meeting this morning, then this afternoon, I: observed and worked with a kindergartener who is 7 years old, but yet, is unable to write his name, recognize any letters, or hold his pencil correctly, counseled a student who had an "accident" at school, tried to fix a pair of glasses for a student which needed a screw in the frame, gave a little time and a package of Smarties to a troubled kid for a good day, met with a mental health worker regarding another troubled student, visited with 3 teachers, and, periodically checked on a second grader who came to school so mad he could spit nails about something going on at home, but de-escalated and had a good day. Oh, and helped with 2 suspensions, both for fairly major infractions. There ya go. A somewhat typical day. And, I got to leave at 4:45, which was good.

My son tells me he doesn't read my blog entries because they are way too long. Fine. I'll try to write oftener and shorter. (Maybe.)

Somebody asked me how my health is, since I deleted my health blog. Fine just fine. Last A1C was 5.7. If you're diabetic you know that that is an excellent A1C number. (Waiting for applause.) THEN, my youngest son, a Starbucks junkie (when he has the money) bought a "Java Chip Frap" for me when we were out running errands last Saturday. Applause can stop. I looked up nutritional info on the net. A small one of those (which, you can't get anything "small" at Starbucks, the smallest size is "Tall", does this make sense to you?) was wonderfully refreshing, and, had, (wait for it), ...40 grams of sugar in it. There are 4 grams of sugar in one teaspoon. Putting my math skills to work, I deduced that in one small tall Java Chip Frap, I ingested...ta dah! 10 teaspoons of sugar. I may as well have had a can of real pop, which I have avoided like the plague for the last 3 years. So I told him this, and he looked at me and said, "Well! You cannot do that ANY MORE!!" No kidding, Jack. No more.

Life is good. Even without Java Chip Fraps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been making it without Starbucks for a few years for other reasons. It can be done. :D But they ARE yummy . . .