Sunday, October 07, 2012

Weekend Comfort

     I did not feel very well this weekend.  I'm fighting allergies, running nose and watery eyes, sneezing, etc.  Everything I take for the symptoms makes me tired and groggy.  Blech.  But, one must move on with life, musn't one.  I took TWO, count them, TWO naps on Saturday, and still went to bed at my normal time and slept all night.  Waking up today - I felt better, so off to church, lunch with kids, etc.  There is comfort in routine, isn't there.
     So let's see - took Lyd to the dog park on Saturday where she promptly got into a tussle with Rebekah's dog, Zowie.  This after she had done so well there before with other dogs she didn't know.  My daughter, the dog whisperer, is going to see if she can get them to get along - I don't know if I can watch or not. Their next session is next Saturday.  Anyone want to come and watch?
     Coming up this week we have conferences and early release at one school, but a normal schedule at the other.  Then the next week, it's the opposite.  I hope we have a good parent turnout for conferences.  It does my morale good to see concerned parents come in and have intelligent conversations with school staff about their kids. 
     So there's "stuff" going on everywhere I live.  "Stuff" with family, "stuff" at church, "stuff" at work.  Reminds me of this song:
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

     Hope the week ahead is filled with blessings, and not just "stuff" for you.  God bless.

1 comment:

Pearly Craig said...

Its about the weather dear. Armed yourself with Vits to combat common cold.

child psychologist in Denver