Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Post 30 days

     I signed back on to Facebook last night, and as I scrolled through a couple of pages, I realized that I didn't miss the "big" things. Instead, I sort of missed the minutia of people's lives.  I missed my friend posting a picture of an art work made with BACON of all things (which I immediately reposted for my son in law), a friend who had "minor" surgery but is recouperating, a picture of a dessert someone made, a casserole recipe someone else is going to try, etc.  These are the exact things which drove my other half right off of Facebook a week after he got his account set up.  They make him nuts, they make me feel connected.  Makes me think twice about talking with him about the minutia of my day.  I really try not to do that, but I find that he likes sharing the details of his day with me.  That's ok. 
     It was a hard day at school.  At one building, a teacher sorta lost his-her marbles and blew up in the office, a kid said and wrote some disturbing things but talk was that it will not be handled correctly by those in charge, another kid I went to the classroom to retrieve for some testing melted down in sobbing tears when I appeared because, and it took a long time to figure this out, he thought I was taking him to the nurse (for some reason, he panics about that), a long meeting resulted in - no results, a parent who happens to be a lawyer had, um, issues, etc etc - it just piled up all day long.  I was supposed to go to Wichita Chorale practice, but I just couldn't do it.  I stopped by Panera, got a salad to take home, heated up some soup, put on my flannels, and enjoyed the evening.  There ya go.
     The women's Bible study I'm attending is starting to look at Nehemiah this evening - Yeah, you wouldn't think of Nehemiah first, maybe, for a Bible study, but there's something, or maybe more than one something I need to learn from that book.  In the first chapter there's a prayer by Nehemiah that's bold, specific, but yet, our author says, it's not outcome based.  Too often we pray and in the prayer, we tell God how to make things happen for us.  We give him the plan and the details of how to accomplish it, when, we need to let Him figure that out - that's why we're praying in the first place, right?  Have a blessed day-

No comments: