Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Worthy" writing and reading

"Do I want to blog today?", I asked myself. "I dunno. Maybe." So I'm sitting here, rehashing the last few days to see if there's an event worthy of me writing and you reading.

The cat went home, so I have no furry body sitting on the computer desk, competing for my attention.

It's payday (finally).

Yesterday was in the 50's, today the high will be 27, and the wind is howling. Tomorrow, sleet and ice are expected.

Son is back from a trip to Wisconsin. He has a cold, husband has flu-like symptoms.

Work continues. People are on edge. At a school close to one of mine, an angry parent threw a clipboard at office staff. A teacher confided in me yesterday that she "has had it with 'Johnny' (not his real name), and I don't know what to do. I'm on my last nerve with him, and I cannot take it anymore. I need help NOW." Someone complained that an evaluation was taking too long. A staff member is embroiled in a situation which is requiring top-level mediation.

I didn't win the "Biggest Loser's Club" prize this month. (You can't do that when you GAIN a pound on your diet instead of lose.)

I watched all of Gone With the Wind Monday night. I'm telling you, Clark Gable- the epitome of an actor who could sneer contempuously and sarcastically one minute and show his heart the next... Several weeks ago I picked up that book to reread it, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through - did you know that GWTW was the only book Margaret Mitchell ever wrote? And speaking of the movie, here's a quote from film reviewer Frank S. Nugent, from the New York Times: "We still feel that color is hard on the eyes for so long a picture."

And, so, comes the end of this post. To quote another film giant:
"T-t-t-that's all, folks!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched Gone With the Wind also the other night. Isn't it just about the best movie ever?! Some day I need to read the book too!
-Deanna