Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ok! I hear you!

Sorry sorry sorry! I promised a lot of people that I would blog, and that I would blog LAST WEEK, but, well, you know, stuff happens. I'm really feeling bad-my family, who I never think are reading my blog, has been nagging me. And friends. And "others". You know who you are.

So, this is spring break, and two days have already flown by. Tomorrow I'm leaving for a little mini vacation, but who knows, I may blog while I'm gone. We'll see. I left both schools feeling overwhelmed about everything that is waiting for me when I get back. Our coordinator sent out an email needing school psychs to volunteer to take an extra case or two from those schools who are inundating their teams with evals. I didn't volunteer as I'll be doing good to get mine done - in fact, it would be nice if I had help, but that's not happening any time soon.

Recently I've placed kids with LD, MR, and will possibly have one that will be OHI the week I get back. And, I will have my first, (I'm almost certain) "OI" case, (that would be "Orthopedic Impairment") in April. I've also recommended dismissal for 2 preschoolers who are doing fine, and declined to place two kids that probably need it, but there's no category to serve them in. We also have several requests from parents for testing- well-meaning parents, but parents who don't understand that their kid isn't going to get placed unless we have that nice little discrepancy between IQ and achievement. Or a health condition which prevents learning.

Well, I'm going to take a break and try not to think about things while I'm off relaxing in a different environment, but I will take my laptop so I can work on (possibly) a couple of things, like my internship evaluation. See you in a couple of days.

No comments: