Monday, March 05, 2007

Back sort of

Well, I finally had to update both my blogs with a Google account or some such mishmash. Great. And as you know, I haven't posted on either blog for DAYS and DAYS and DAYS. I hope I haven't lost all my faithful readers.

In the School Psych world, things keep hopping along. Spring break is only, let's see, 2 weeks away! I'm so excited! In the meantime, the work continues to pile up and up and up and up and I have had some interesting cases come and go. I've been writing reports at home in the evenings in order to keep up. PLUS, I need to get started on my case study presentation for internship class. I always said I was going to be a psych who not only didn't take work home, but also who worked a "normal" work week. Neither one of those things has been the case. Not only do I put in 50-60 hours a week, but I also work in the evenings. One of the most frustrating things about this job is that I am not in charge of my own schedule, a "team" is. I am a member of that team, but only one member. And when the "team" schedules staffings, I don't have a lot to say about it. It's a pressure cooker at times.

I had briefly considered going to NYC for the National Association of School Psychologists conference the end of March. But, nope, I'm not. I can't be gone for that week. Maybe someday I will be able to attend one of those.

Welll, I'm back to blogging I hope on a regular basis. Thanks for staying with me all those of you who do. It's been a tough last couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should know that there is no such thing as "normal"! Don't let it get to you - and enjoy spring BREAK! Sorry you can't make the NASP trip, but maybe we'll all go in a few years when we're all a little more "established".

Anonymous said...

And don't forget to root for the best team in Kansas over the next three weeks. You know...the only one that is still playing for anything. (Ooooo....burn!)

mjp