Monday, June 12, 2006

Making Life Easier

Monday morning-so nice to see ya! After the weather man on channel 12 said there would be no rain last night, I woke up at 4:00 am to lots of thunder and lightening, and...would ya know it, rain. It's cooled things down and kept me from having to drag the hose around this morning to water the little plot I have planted some things in. I have decided that I really must invest in one of those wheel thingys that hang on your house that you can roll your garden hose on. I spend about a year untangling and unknotting it before I can turn the water on.

It's one of those things that makes life easier that you wish YOU would have invented. My son was telling me last week about "fingertip pens and pencils". Have you seen those? They fit on the end of your index finger and that's how you write with them. No more gripping those writing utensils between your thumb and finger. One of the school psychologists I worked with last semester always commented about a kid's pencil grip in his reports and described it. "Hortense uses a 'fist grip' to hold onto her pencil and her writing appears laborious."

So maybe I should invent something this week and make a fortune. Nah, I think I'll have my coffee first.

No comments: