Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I have been remiss in posting these last few days. First of all I want to wish my “baby” brother a happy birthday-he turned 46 yesterday. Although he can be stubborn and obtuse at times, I greatly appreciate him. We live fairly close, and are in frequent contact. He’s intelligent, funny, compassionate, and a great husband and father. I’m proud of him!

I didn’t get any responses to my query on the last posting regarding what goals you may have in life, except, this brother aforementioned sent out an email to some of us siblings asking us to write down 10 things we would most like to accomplish before we die. Well. You talk about taking stock in life-that little assignment will do it for you. Once I got started, I had no problem coming up with 10 things. I’m thinking about sending this question to my kids. I’d like to know what they think.

I’m taking Ms. Pancreas to the doctor today. Started on an additional med to help with the fasting (first thing in the morning) blood sugar numbers. I’ve taken it for a week now and I’m noticing some side effects, but my finger sticks in the mornings are looking a little better. And actually, Ms. Pancreas isn’t in this rebellion herself. She has recruited Mr. Liver to help her dump large quantities of glucose at night while I’m sleeping. so this new med is to help counteract that. I thought about my dad today-he passed away several years ago. He had type 2 diabetes and the only thing available for him at the time was monitoring sugars by checking urine. Certainly not very accurate. Diabetes is a progressive disease, and I often wonder just how well it was controlled with him. I know he watched his diet extraordinarily well and was active. I think that helps a lot.

I thought today I need to change the name on my blog. I’m no longer a practicum student. I’ll be an internship student starting August 1. That’s coming up quicker than I realized.

No comments: