Sunday, November 08, 2009

Aging Gracefully

It's Sunday night and I'm getting ready for another work week. What has happened to the weekend? I have enough coming up this week to make me want to bury my head in the covers and not get up, but alas, can't do that until I'm retired. And even then-I know some retired people who are as busy as they were when they were working full time. I'm glad when I see that people can do that.

Speaking of retirement etc., there was a lunch today for the "Senior Adults" in our church. And I was invited! I was not able to attend as we already had lunch plans, but I gotta tell you that I do not consider myself a senior citizen - even although the wafts of good things to eat were very tantalizing coming from the Fellowship Hall of our church. I was told that for the purposes of the "senior adult" lunches, if you're over 50 you can come, but I still can't do it. I'll be 55 next week and I still think I'm a kid!

And, I'm still young enough to like humor such as this:

Bumper Stickers View of Life

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, and then used against you.

Despite the cost of living, it's still popular.

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

All good things in moderation-including moderation.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Forget about world peace, envision using your turn signal.

We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Always remember you are unique, just like everyone else.

Ever stop to think and then forget to start again?

I doubt, therefore, I might be.

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?

2 comments:

Wayne said...

On the way home from church yesterday we stopped at the Villa and ate lunch there. I sat and talked to a 94 year old lady. She is intelligent, had known my parents, and other relatives from Cass County, MO, and overall was very pleasant to talk with. So what's wrong with getting old? Or just older? One doesn't necessarily need to lose out on life just because you're old. But I know that facing the reality of one's own aging process isn't easy for many. So hang in there. Maybe you can be like the lady I spoke with and be a blessing to others in your aging, as I was blest yesterday by Iona.

WDK

bluggier said...

Since I've passed 6-0, I think I'm officially an old person.

BTW, I forget to start again lots of times when I stop to think.