Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Will I have a bed on November 8?

I feel adventurous. This feeling doesn't come around very often - maybe that's a good thing since I'm on the downhill slide to senior citizenry. Nevertheless, the cause is due to my own time mismanagement. I am attending a conference the second week of November out of town, and guess what I forgot to do? That's correct - I forgot to make hotel reservations where the conference is being held. Now there are no rooms available at that particular hotel.

So I went online in search of area hotels. I'm not extremely familiar with this part of the state, and although I found many places listed, I'm not sure what's closest to the location of the conference. I gave up fairly quickly, and I think I'm going to just wing it. That's right, I'm going to drive up there and just see what's available WITHOUT a reservation. I'm sure my husband who never would consider such a plan will sorta freak out, but I'm not worried. I'm optimistic about the endless possibilities...hopefully, I won't end up in the bus station or in my car, but, I'll let you know how it works out. Here's a thought-I can ask my sister, who loves internet research to do some hotel shopping for me. There's an idea...

No comments: